What Are The Best Types Of Garage Doors? How To Choose The Right One
How To Pick The Perfect Garage Door In Arizona
Buying a garage door should be an exciting opportunity for you to improve your home’s exterior. Most homeowners replace their garage door once, so finding the right one is a crucial part of the process.
To help you decide on the best garage door for you, we have prepared this buying guide that informs you about the different types of doors, materials, recommendations, and more.
Look at the information below before starting a garage door installation in Phoenix.
Types Of Garage Doors
There are four types of garage doors that you can find in Arizona. These are Up and Over, side-hinged, roll-up garage doors, and sectionals.
Let’s take a look at each type individually.
Up & Over Garage Doors
Up-and-over garage doors are one of the most common. They are reliable, durable, and come in many designs and styles.
As the name implies, you have to turn the handle to open them up. You also have to pull the door up and over towards the ceiling. Their mechanism is quite simple indeed.
These garage doors can be retractable or similar to canopy gearing. Canopy doors run vertically on their track within the frame, while retractable doors open horizontally.
Side-Hinged Garage Doors
Contrary to up-and-over doors that lift above your head, side-hinged garage doors open outwards onto the driveway. This way, they provide clear space inside the garage and simplify the access into and out of the garage. In short, you can enter and exit the garage quickly and easily.
These doors are great for people who are always in and out of the garage. For example, if you use it to keep household items, or you keep some important tools for daily use.
Side-hinged garage doors in Ahwatukee come with a traditional design that goes well with almost any home entry. They are available at 70/30 split opening and 50/50 split opening.
Roll-Up Garage Doors
You’ll probably see these doors more in commercial areas than residential ones, but roll-up doors are still useful in places with limited ceiling space. Roll-up or roller garage doors are made with 2”-3” steel slat sections that roll into a box above the garage opening.
You can choose a manual or automatic roll-up door If you choose an automatic roller garage door, you will get a set of remotes that open the door with a button.
Roller garage doors also add safety, so they are great for homeowners who save their valuables like motorbikes or cars in their garage.
Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional garage doors are the most popular in the U.S. The doors include panel sections connected with hinges, allowing the full width and height of the opening to stay clear. When the door closes and opens, the wheels at the corner of each panel roll inside a vertical track. This door can remain parallel to the ceiling when completely open or in line with the walls when closed. Sectional garage doors in Fountain Hills are convenient for people who use their garage only to park their cars.
Most Common Garage Door Materials
5 garage door materials offer safety, durability, and efficiency. These are:
- Steel: An easy material that offers high strength and low cost
- Timber: They are surprisingly long-lasting and do not need much maintenance.
- Glass-reinforced polyester (GRP): It has the best strength-weight ratio of all garage door materials, but it is the most expensive material.
- Aluminum: It offers a powerful level of insulation compared to other materials.
- ABS: It is an impact and dent-resistant material with a ‘bounce-back’ effect.
How To Choose The Right Garage Door
Follow these recommendations to choose the garage door that suits your needs:
- Choose a style based on your personal preference and home design. It can be traditional raised-panel, carriage-house style, contemporary garage doors, etc. The choice is yours!
- Don’t forget about the garage door finish! Opt for the right paint to find the perfect natural wood look. It must be something that increases your home’s curb appeal and overall value.
- Choose the right material according to the place where you live.
- Although garage doors are not cheap, you should also establish a budget to make things easier.
Getting Gilbert Same Day Garage Door Service
Some homeowners install their garage doors on their own, but we do not recommend that as it can be dangerous and problematic. We find it a worthwhile investment to hire a professional to install your garage door. With the service of Same Day Garage Door Services, you will get the garage door you want in a significantly shorter time than DIY installation. You will enjoy your garage door without any disruption to your daily routine! Contact us now to get started!